Eligibility and Sign up Pt 1
Who is qualified for Medicare?
- • Individuals entitled to social security and above 65 years old;
- • Individuals entitled to social security disability benefits for at least 24 months;
- • Individuals entitled to a railway or invalidity pension;
- • Individuals diagnosed with end-stage renal disease;
- • people with ALS;
• Any employee of a federal government, state or local government that is not entitled to receive disability pensions or social pensions, but who has paid the FICA part of part of the FICA tax for a good amount of time. • Starting in April 1986, most local and national employees who are not insured by social insurance pay the share of health insurance. Medicare’s social security entitlement and beneficiaries in relation to rail traffic commences on the first day of the first month in which the person turns 65 years of age. This is also the day when people who are not eligible to participate in Medicare insurance coverage.
People receiving social security or rail benefits are entitled to sickness insurance during the twenty-fifth month following the grant of these benefits. People with renal failure are usually given attention on the 1st day of the 3rd month of renal dialysis treatment.People with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s ailment) qualify, if they qualify for social security benefits, without having to wait for 24 months.
Individuals accepting social security or invalidity pensions, or rail checks, are offered by the Social Security Authority (SSA) some months months before being admitted to Medicare. Residents of any of the 50 states, Washington DC, American Samoa, Guam, US Virgin Islands, or Northern Mariana Islands, will be included automatically by SSA in Medicare A and B parts. However, payment of one premium for the insurance of Part B is requested, the participants may choose to refuse it.
Although participation in Medicare is voluntary, it is necessary to read the serious consequences of non-use, especially late registration fees and health risks if no other health insurance is available. The rewards themselves should not be an important factor in the decision to participate in the Medicare program.
Registration and cover:
If you do not yet have a retirement or disability pension, you can register online at Social Security during the “First registration period”, 3 months before the 65th birthday, the month of birth and the next 3 months. You can enroll for Medicare even if you do not want to retire at age 65. A person who is not entitled to Medicare on the basis of social insurance or retirement benefits must submit a separate Medicare application and accept payment of monthly fees. A person may choose not to apply for social security benefits or travel at age 65 and is still eligible for Medicare coverage. In this case, a separate application would be required to qualify for Medicare benefits. Grant applications can be submitted to any social security office. Participants of the retirement of railway companies must contact the board of directors of the railway for registration.